The Friends have long realized that education is important to the future by offering the Saturday lecture series. Leon and Naida Eisenbud and Bobbe Hickman our Founding “Fathers” dream was to offer environmental scholarships to help the students in Collier and Lee County. Clarance Affelt, a long-time volunteers helped us recognize that dream with a bequest. Since starting in 2017 we have awarded 16 Scholarships to local students.
The Friends of Barefoot Beach Preserve Scholarships may be presented to one or more undergraduate student studying in the State of Florida and/or one or more high school graduate in Collier or Lee County per calendar year. The yearly scholarships will be in the amount of $1,000 each for tuition, books, and educational related expenses.
Undergraduate Scholarship Recipient:
- Be an undergraduate in a recognized conservation or environmental related degree program.
- Have sophomore or junior class standing.
- Have at least one semester or two quarters remaining in degree program.
- Be enrolled as a full-time undergraduate student for the following semester/quarter
High School Senior Scholarship Recipient:
- High School seniors who are residents of Collier or Lee Counties intending to pursue degrees in environmental related studies at any accredited Florida college or university.
- Have at least one semester or two quarters remaining in their high school.
- Be enrolled as a full-time student for the following semester/quarter
Your completed application and all related applicate documents must be submitted, with the postmark date no later than May 1.
Media and Publicity Contacts:
Should you be selected to receive a Friends of Barefoot Beach Preserve Scholarship, the Friends reserve the right to distribute your name, major and university to any media controlled by the Friends.